Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 3 Reading

Divergent by Veronica Roth
487 pages
Genre: Dystopian  Fiction, Coming of Age
Reading Level: Easy to read, but long
Synopsis: A girl is growing up in a future world that is in present day Chicago. The humans have been split into a set of groups that each value a quality to the extent that they see nothing in a person except whether they have a quality or not. She gets tested and finds out that she fits into two groups, which is dangerous.
Response: I have been reading this as a two week book and I am only one week in, but so far I think that it is a good book. I like it because I think that as long as you are persistent through the slow beginning, the story gets very good. Roth over exaggerates the qualities in some people, like the evil kid is really evil, without any good. Over all the book and characters are good, and there back stories are often very complex.
Next Book: This is a two week book, so I will continue to read this.

1 comment:

  1. "Roth over exaggerates the qualities in some people, like the evil kid is really evil"
    An interesting thing to say - and looking back on Divergent, I agree.
    Just wait until you read Insurgent; that's when the evil kid gets interesting.

    ReplyDelete